The constitution of the republic of south africa (oops, didn’t type capital letters, sorry) of 1996 includes a pretentious section labelled “the bill of rights”. This purports to provide the following rights, all of which have been summarily take away during the “lockdown”. If the rights can be taken away so easily, it is proof that the bill of rights is as vain as the statement “May God protect our people” which precedes it.
Some institution of the South African government says: “STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE. For more information and support on COVID-19 please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za“
The Bill of Rights, trampled
These are the things promised by the bill of rights, but each one of these specific rights has been summarily taken away from the people in this little lockdown.
Freedom and security of the person
12. (1) Everyone has the right to freedom and security of the person, which includes the right –
(a) not to be deprived of freedom arbitrarily or without just cause;
(b) not to be detained without trial;
Everyone has been put under house arrest. Everyone has been arbitrarily deprived of freedom without just cause. Everyone has been detained without trial.
12. (2) Everyone has the right to bodily and psychological integrity, which includes the right –
(b) to security in and control over their body; and
(c) not to be subjected to medical or scientific experiments without their informed consent.
The entire country has been subjected to an epidemiological experiment, where the unproven method of confining the healthy is being attempted to prevent the spread of a disease. We are threatened with medical testing or summary house arrest without trial.
Assembly, demonstration, picket and petition
17. Everyone has the right, peacefully and unarmed, to assemble, to demonstrate, to picket and to present petitions.
Suddenly, all assemblies are illegal.
Freedom of association
18. Everyone has the right to freedom of association.
No, stuff that. You will associate with nobody, except family members and your work colleagues if you are an “essential” person.
Freedom of movement and residence
21. (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement.
No, you will be detained. You will be thrown in jail for trying to exercise your freedom of movement, unless you are moving for very limited purposes.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave the Republic.
No, you cannot go. You will be turned back from the port of exit. Driving to Namibia? Sailing to the Seychelles? Forget it. You cannot.
(3) Every citizen has the right to enter, to remain in and to reside anywhere in, the Republic.
Apparently not. Because they said so.
Arrested, detained and accused persons
35. (2) Everyone who is detained, including every sentenced prisoner, has the right –
(f) to communicate with, and be visited by, that person’s –
(i) spouse or partner;
(ii) next of kin;
(iii) chosen religious counsellor; and
(iv) chosen medical practitioner.
No, actually only your chosen medical practitioner can visit you in your detention, and even then, he will be messed around. You cannot visit your brother, your wife. Your minister cannot visit you.
What’s the loophole?
So under the innocuous title “Limitation of rights”, the Bill of Rights has this text, under the pretext of which, the “Disaster Management Act” of 2002 has created a virtual state of emergency, calling it a “state of disaster” without all the pesky encumbrances and safeguards of an actual state of emergency. The broadest loophole ever in the constitution says:
36. (1) The rights in the Bill of Rights may be limited only in terms of law of general application to the extent that the limitation is reasonable and justifiable in an open and democratic society based on human dignity, equality and freedom, taking into account all relevant factors, including –
(a) the nature of the right;
(b) the importance of the purpose of the limitation;
(c) the nature and extent of the limitation;
(d) the relation between the limitation and its purpose; and
(e) less restrictive means to achieve the purpose.
So here we see that the only thing that needs to be claimed (not even proved) is that it is “reasonable and justifiable” to take away all the rights offered from everyone. All they need is the appropriate fantasy, and against that fantasy, they can claim that the steps are reasonable, and that all the factors were taken into account. The destruction of the “open” of the “open and democratic society” is not important, because it’s just a literary gloss on how the justification must be framed.
- The nature of the right: all rights.
- The importance of the purpose: that precious party members don’t die
- the extent of the limitation: universal
- the relation between the limitation and its purpose: it worked for China, they said
- less restrictive means to achieve the purpose: didn’t think about this, because we never heard that Taiwan and South Korea did proper contact tracing that worked, because we watched CNN instead of China Uncensored.
So here’s how it goes:
- China makes a deadly virus, which kills a few of its people
- China kills a stack of its people that it doesn’t like
- China locks up its people for months, and then lies that was an effective way to handle the disease, and proceeds to distribute that same disease around the world. The actual samples of the disease, and research information they destroyed: either because it’s not as serious as they pretend, or because they are culpable in making it.
- Government reasonably believes the propaganda from the Chinese Communist Party, and believes that following its example of universal repression is justified for medical reasons.
- Government institutes a virtual state of emergency , but bypasses the provisions of the constitution (a 21 day limit, and parliamentary oversight), because it is using a “law of general application”.
All they had to do was be reasonably convinced by some lie, and believe that stupid measures are justified.
It’s surprising that they didn’t do it earlier, on the climate change fantasy, or on an ancestor-appeasement fantasy (the ancestors are angry, so we must take away things from the bill of rights by a law of general application). It’s kind of disappointing that they didn’t do the whole space-alien invasion fantasy: the CGI on TV would be better, especially compared to this “deadly unseen virus” story that they’re telling, which is nothing more than a bunch of numbers, and does not have good production values.
But it’s still stupid
The trouble is that the dear folks making the decisions don’t understand maths: they do not understand statistics; they do not understand exponential growth. They get to be led by the nose, and act in fear, and comply with whatever tale the media spins them.
Statistics: The deadliness of the disease was estimated from serious cases which required admission to hospital. It did not take into account the number of cases that did not require admission to hospital. Comparing the mortality rate from serious cases with the flu’s mortality rate from all cases gave alarming, and completely incorrect numbers.
Exponential growth: It does not really matter how many cases you start with. If the rate of transmission is high enough, just one case is sufficient to cause the entire population to be exposed to the disease (assuming it is truly as infectious as advertised).
In order for the lockdown to eliminate a serious virus from the country:
- every person with the virus must comply completely with the lockdown
- every person with the virus must immediately infect all his family members (co-residents) with the virus
- all persons with the virus must display serious symptoms
Failing these conditions, just one person with a mild case of this virus, living in a family group of five can pass the virus on through the family at a generous rate of one new infection per week, and the last sick carrier of the virus can bring the virus unscathed through the lockdown, ready to begin its delayed exponential growth.
The lockdown can not work. It’s the wrong thing to do. It was always the wrong thing to do.
Quarantine is not this stupid lockdown. Quarantine is when people that are ill are confined away from the regular people. To confine the sick is quarantine. To confine the healthy is tyranny.
Quarantine is established in the Bible with the case of leprosy serving for an example:
Leviticus 13:45 And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.
46. All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be.
The person who has the infectious disease gets two things:
- A face mask (to keep his germs to himself, presumably)
- He must move out, away from people
That is quarantine. Notice that quarantine applies to diseased people. Quarantine does not apply to healthy people.
We have heard a lot about how deadly this virus is, but if it is in fact a great deal milder than we are told, then it may be more appropriate to follow the rules for the common cold and flu:
Leviticus 15:2-3 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, because of his issue he is unclean. And this shall be his uncleanness in his issue: whether his flesh run with his issue, or his flesh be stopped from his issue, it is his uncleanness.
If you have a runny nose, you are unclean. That’s pretty simple. If you have some better means of detecting an infection, good for you. Everything that you touch when you are diseased should be washed. With water.
Leviticus 15:4-5 Every bed, whereon he lieth that hath the issue, is unclean: and every thing, whereon he sitteth, shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth his bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
It goes on for a good number of verses about how everything that he touches and uses is unclean. Everyone who comes into contact with him or his stuff must take a shower and stay away from people the rest of the day. If you can’t wash the thing he touched, throw it away.
When he seems better, then let him wait seven days before he is considered clean again:
Leviticus 15:13 And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.
What I really think
No, tell me what you really think. No, I did. No, you didn’t. Okay, fine. I think that they cooked this thing up in a lab, that they released it by accident, that it killed a few, but the communist party killed many more in Wuhan, that old people die all the time with the common cold, and that even if the death rate were 25% of the whole population, it would be no reason to confine everyone to their house. People are smarter than the government gives them credit for.
And that’s not all I think. I think that it is the judgement of God that we have such weak leaders that allow themselves to be led by fireside ghost stories.
Also, I think that it is the work of Satan to cause all the governments of the world to work in concert in the same stupid manner, and his intentions are:
- To stop evangelism
- To stop the celebration of Easter: Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Yes, he did rise from the dead. Too bad.
- To promote global government (his man of sin, Mr Fake Jesus, needs it for when he fakes rising from the dead).
- To promote dirty vaccines which pretend to solve a problem, when the problem no longer exists, and when the cure is worse than the disease.
- To promote the idea that the government is your only help in times of trouble, and you can be saved by having government stick a needle in your hand, and stick a temperature probe in your forehead.
- To vilify those that are not pronounced clean by the government.
- And to bring in a cashless society, because there’s no limit to greed.
This has been in the Bible for the best part of 2000 years, about the man of sin: once you’re used to the government sticking needles into you and approving your associations, then the next step is to link that to worship of the fake Jesus, and if you don’t, then no commerce for you:
Revelation 13:16-17 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
But, if you do take that mark, then (bad news dude), you will go to hell, whether or not you pass Go and collect $100:
Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
I don’t think this is it yet. I think this is a dry run. I speculate that the next time they run this little scam, it will be be a disease with a 25% death rate, and their “mitigation” measures will be even more ineffectual, and even more repressive. The death rate will be high, because people that take the dirty vaccine against this silly phase 1 will die in phase 2.