The Bible contains the solution to the land question. It consists of these components:
- Allocation: Land is allocated to tribes and families
- Trading: Land cannot be sold, only rented out.
- Debt: All debts are cancelled every 7 years, and contracts of servitude are cancelled
- Ownership: All land ownership reverts every 50 years
Here are a the references (and you can find more, if you look):
- Allocation: by family, with proportion:
Numbers 26:55 Notwithstanding the land shall be divided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit.
- Trading: no buying or selling, except on a temporary basis:
Leviticus 25:23 The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.
Leviticus 25:15 According to the number of years after the jubile thou shalt buy of thy neighbour, and according unto the number of years of the fruits he shall sell unto thee:
- Debt: Cancellation every 7 years:
Deuteronomy 15:1-2 At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD’s release.
- Ownership reverts to the family every 50th year:
Leviticus 25:13 In the year of this jubile ye shall return every man unto his possession.
The exceptions to this are these:
- Houses in cities can be bought and sold permanently (Leviticus 25:30 And if it be not redeemed within the space of a full year, then the house that is in the walled city shall be established for ever to him that bought it throughout his generations: it shall not go out in the jubile.)
- Land rented out must be returned to the owners if they pay back the rental (pro-rata redemption).
Communism offers a different solution, in which the supposedly benevolent state takes control away from individuals, and controls their means of production:
- Allocation: Land is allocated to the state, which is the owner
- Trading: Land cannot be traded in any way
- Debt: Debts are never cancelled
- Ownership: Communist states last around 50 years, and the collapse
The modern liberal democracy idea differs too, by failing to make provision for individual financial disaster, and by failing to prevent rampant greed by usury:
- Allocation: Land is held by individuals, not families
- Trading: Land is tradeable, but all trades are irreversible
- Debt: Debts are never cancelled
- Ownership: Over time interest bearing debt causes foreign banks to own all the land
The Bible solution is correct. To this day nobody has surpassed the very simple provisions of the law of Moses. “And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?” (Deuteronomy 4:8)
If this law were implemented, then everyone would have some land. There would be incentives to rent land out to someone that is able to use it productively, and that could largely replace social grants. Considering how much land is in state hands, this system could be implemented immediately, and expanded to other lands as it enters the market. Even if the land does enter the hands of the banks and evil capital, this situation would be temporary.
The ancient Israelites did not actually implement the law as they were told to. They didn’t even practice the passover as they should have, and when Hezekiah did, it was exceptional and notable. Stephen rightly said they are those “Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.” (Acts 7:53)
This all said, there is no land problem in South Afria. There is, however, a large and significant covetousness problem: the communist party and its pet agencies, the ANC and the EFF, wants to take control of all private property in the country for the benefit of the shady people that run the communist party. They are telling the masses that if they were land owners, then they would be as rich as the farmers. The leaders are teaching their followers to be covetous, by feeding them lies about how prosperity was stolen from them:
Jeremiah 6:13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
They are not going to listen to reason: they are brass and iron. They don’t care about solving even the problem they are talking about. All they want to do is to get their paws on the wealth of others:
Jeremiah 6:28 They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters.
In the words of the ancient Chinese proverb: Communism is theft.