The South African government and the ANC has started to flirt with China and take their loans.
It’s too good to be true. There’s a problem:
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.
These loans are on very generous terms, and they come at a time where the country’s credit rating is close to “junk” meaning “you’re not getting your money back, fools”. The ANC is running out of businesses and projects to sell, so what is left to sell? The future.
China is not ignorant of the moral character of the leaders of South Africa. They know that money that they lend will be frittered away, and that there will be severe difficulties in repayment. When this happens, then they will rule. As this happens they will make us slaves.
When repayment in money fails, what repayment in kind will be demanded? Maybe we can look forward to:
- Citizenship or unequal rights for Chinese settlers
- Military concessions – outposts of the Red Army in every major centre, or in every rural centre.
- Political support – cutting ties with Taiwan, turning a blind eye to China’s abuses of freedom
- Policy changes – eliminating freedom in South Africa in favour of making South Africa more like China. Maybe a one-child policy to make South Africa a living hell. Maybe the mandatory use of various Chinese products … and languages …
- Territorial concessions – not just an industrial area, but a self-governing ever-growing industrial area. Maybe a Chinese court having jurisdiction over matters involving Chinese, crassly overruling any sovereignty of local courts.
Sadly a Chinese take-over of South Africa would result in a net improvement in the moral character of the country. Once a few of their special people are targeted by the rampant thuggery that is smiled on by the ANC there will be some sharp action. Maybe they are exactly what the ANC deserves for their many sins. I don’t know how we will ever get back to freedom though.